View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2023, 00:03 (Ref:4149733)   #518
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Changing the subject, anyone who like me spends their lives on the roads can't fail to notice their abject state, and this winter has been very very unkind.

Devizes and Bromham are worse than the pavé of the Paris-Roubaix, and even recently re-surfaced trunk roads are just crumbling away on the black top. Maybe the bean counters in the local councils have employed nefarious "we've got a load left over from doing a drive down the road" characters to do the top dressing. It's not just one rogue council, everywhere I go it's the same story.

We've hardly had any frost this year, what would it be like in a bad winter?

Nah humbug!

Fillingless of Bromham

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Totally agree Max.

Surfaces just seem to be giving up and turning to gravel around here.

We have a lot of house building going on so heavy trucks going along roads that have been subject to works for the installation of water pipes, electric and, presumably, even some gas.

But mostly I think it's down to the weight of modern vehicles and their safety features, the preponderance of SUV's and a sudden eruption of Tesla model 3s locally.

There is no way that the Govt's promised few hundred million will make a difference and the authorities seem to have no intention of fixing anything road-related, even missing and damaged road signs go unfixed for years around here. I doubt they will care if people stop driving anywhere.

I also doubt that they have any chance of finding people to undertake the work -at least to a satisfactory level of competence.

JSB's new pothole repair vehicle should make them a fortune - but probably will not.