View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4150930)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But surely 'twas ever thus. I remember being at race meetings in the late 60s/early 70s when D Types and 250Fs abounded because they were just cheap old racing cars.

(OK maybe I exaggerated a bit for effect, but they were a common sight to tiny me, which definitely made me blasé about them)

In later years the ex-TWR Jaguars found their way onto the Castle Combe Special GT grid.

The Masters series is just rectifying the situation as Club racing goes ever more spec car. That a wealthy amateur is able to buy and run these red blooded racers is marvellous and preserves them for when they do in turn become "historic".

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk