View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2023, 14:31 (Ref:4151224)   #202
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Possibly because those twenty so called top drivers mostly, maybe not all, seem to believe that they must win at all costs; they cannot be trusted to "police" themselves. Case in point, and has been said in this discussion but not referenced any particular driver, was Bianci who, even knowing that a car had gone off the track in appalling conditions, barely slowed down at the same point. I am sure there have been plenty of other such incidents.
Agree. I called out the Bianci situation earlier. In that I think F1 is somewhat still reeling from that accident. And they have opted to not try to reinforce the driver responsibility aspect, but remove as much potential for driver misbehavior to put them in a similar situation.

I understand their approach, but it then creates an overly cautious workflow that we see today with more red flags and less things like double yellows or VSC. Which then creates other problems. They need to get the right balance and I personally think they have let the pendulum swing too much in one direction. As with other posts here I agree other solutions in other series works and F1 should look at those and should also come down hard on driver offenses. I think one problem they have is that most all of these new policies are in the name of "safety" and turning the knob down from eleven to something like eight or nine may not play well in the media (i.e., "F1 is reversing policies that increased driver and trackworker safety")

Richard