Thread: 2023 Season
View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4152205)   #185
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Why is anyone owed special dispensation to try to "catch up"
I re-read my post and the above is probably overly strong as I don't think you were asking for any special breaks for the non-RBR teams. But overall, I would say the process of "catching up" is one that happens race by race, season by season. I may need to see if I can find some old posts, but before last season, I fully expected some teams to get the new regulations wrong and given the cost caps, I fully expected it to take more than one or two seasons to see tighter performance and (cross fingers) less single team dominance. I think even this season we are starting to see teams coalesce around specific technical concepts. Of course that probably means in a few years most of the cars will look very similar (more than now).

Richard