Thread: DTM 2023
View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2023, 15:27 (Ref:4152966)   #114
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
To make myself clear:
Class 2 didn't work. One of the reasons to expensive. Japanese manufacturers had no interest to race in Europe, Germans no interest to race in Japan.
Looks like the Germans didn't learn from the past.

They better can go talk with the Brazilians of Stock Car Pro series. Nice looking and powerful cars but relative low costs compared to class 2.
I think we can take that back further and look at the most recent attempt at a GT1 series based on modifying GT3 cars. adds expense that is hard to justify for teams and manufacturers who are already selling cars to customers.

With hypercar being successful currently, i think the push for an even more extreme gt class is a tough sell.