Thread: WEC Race 6 Hours of Spa
View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2023, 20:25 (Ref:4153908)   #234
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any Brits on here make it to Spa yesterday? I did and really enjoyed myself. It's been a few years since I last went. The place has changed so much! I was amazed, all for the best I think.

Funniest thing all weekend (to me at least) was probably the cheers which went up in the new grandstand at the top of hill whenever a track sweeper went by! Even the driver was joining in. I guess that's what passes for entertainment when you're freezing in the morning chill waiting for the race to start.

Christian Reid's multiple spins in the Proton Porsche was also well received in the grandstands especially when he made it around the first time without spinning. Huge cheers, brilliant atmosphere.

The only low point of the weekend was when it was time to leave; I think they really need to apply the same sort of effort they given to the circuit remodeling to how they control traffic in the local area. It was pretty poor. Over an hour to cover a handful of kilometres just to join the motorway; they really should route traffic from the different car parks so they join the motorway at different points. Instead they just seem to funnel everyone to the same point. Not smart.

I noticed all the small touches the WEC are introducing around the spectator areas too. The little things really do make a difference. I don't think I've ever seen that many people all around the circuit for a LMS/ILMC/WEC race.