View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2023, 22:34 (Ref:4153928)   #220
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
The FIA Stewards had the FIA Parc Ferme officials up before the beak after that utter farce in pit lane near the end of the Baku GP.

Reading the linked article (& the other article linked in the linked article) it appears that the setup of the Parc ferme area in pit lane whilst the race is live has become commonplace. That is so utterly stupid and so utterly dangerous. Any of the cars could have a problem and need to pit a damaged car - for sure it'd be rare as teams would rather get the car across the line and get recovered from on track - but it could happen. Today it was Ocon making a late stop, as the team was entitled to do (in fact required to do by the regs) but today's rubbish could have occurred in any GP with a late race pit entry.

Article says that FIA are sorting it out - which is very much needed but it also makes me wonder about the "leadership" that allows such risky, dare I say lazy behaviour to become the norm. Yes, there is more and more "stuff" in the Parc ferme area that needs to be hauled out, I get that makes it harder but seriously?