Thread: 2023 Season
View Single Post
Old 2 May 2023, 07:48 (Ref:4154124)   #200
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
The less practice running the better I think, stops them fine tuning to the minute detail.
In these days of colossal amounts of data and virtual running, I do feel that it's a pity that teams don't get to run the actual car more in a way. I also reckon there are more virtuous routes to mixing up the competition than limiting track time.

Your point about fine tuning is an interesting one - does having less track time benefit the smaller teams and give them a chance to show their strategic prowess and catch the bigger teams out, who have less time to relentlessly perfect their operation, or does it actually benefit the bigger teams and prevent the smaller ones from having more chance to close up?