View Single Post
Old 2 May 2023, 23:35 (Ref:4154269)   #183
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I take on board your points about P2P, Richard. One of the arguments in its favour is it's also Push to Defend, which you cannot level at DRS. You often have no comeback if you don't have DRS, whereas P2P can help set up a move.

It brings its own host of issues, though, such as knowing who is using how much of it and when and also the fact that if you're in more wheel to wheel battles, you may be at a disadvantage in the sense that you have to use more of it and will be lacking some in some of your battles if you use it up too early.
But everything there can be said about burning up your tires too soon as well, or previous eras burning up the engine or gearbox pushing harder to get around someone. F1 has always had something be limiting and easy to abuse/destroy, it's just now the tires being designed to a spec rather than engines turned to 11 and pushing turning them up to 12 or 15 and often resulting in spectacular oil clouds.

I am torn about knowing the amount of P2P left in Indy, I get both the not knowing how much and knowing if someone is on the button. It was impactful in the race this weekend at Barber and Romain burned most of his on a couple laps to build a gap and not get overcut, he then couldn't defend from Scotty Mac and got passed. And Penske's guys could tell him Romain couldn't defend