View Single Post
Old 11 May 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4155574)   #1405
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah you're missing like six Porsches bro haha!

I also think Acura/Honda will be there eventually.

I think the strength of car performance will dictate who the teams are who have the best customer offerings. And as the odd manufacturer and the small privateers depart, it'll be the strength of the customer market that impacts the car counts the most surely.
I'm honestly thinking that there will not be much of a customer market for this era of sportscar racing. There will be a few over time, but I think they will mostly come from LMDh cars. I think Ferrari releases at most 1-2 499Ps to customers over the entire course of its competition life.

My gut feeling is after a few years, less successful manufacturer programs will pull out, and the ones remaining that run strong LMDhs which are less expensive to produce parts for may wind down their factory-branded operations in favor of factory support at favored customer teams. And even then, if we see Porsches it may be a maximum of 4-6 worldwide considering Porsche themselves have stated they are not interested in Group C numbers of customers.

I don't think any OEM will want to give an LMH to a privateer, and of the outfits that could run one, it would basically entail scaling up their operation to the personnel and expertise levels of a factory program, like what Jota has done in hiring for the team running their 963.