View Single Post
Old 11 May 2023, 22:02 (Ref:4155619)   #1407
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
I'm honestly thinking that there will not be much of a customer market for this era of sportscar racing. There will be a few over time, but I think they will mostly come from LMDh cars. I think Ferrari releases at most 1-2 499Ps to customers over the entire course of its competition life.

My gut feeling is after a few years, less successful manufacturer programs will pull out, and the ones remaining that run strong LMDhs which are less expensive to produce parts for may wind down their factory-branded operations in favor of factory support at favored customer teams. And even then, if we see Porsches it may be a maximum of 4-6 worldwide considering Porsche themselves have stated they are not interested in Group C numbers of customers.

I don't think any OEM will want to give an LMH to a privateer, and of the outfits that could run one, it would basically entail scaling up their operation to the personnel and expertise levels of a factory program, like what Jota has done in hiring for the team running their 963.
Well I'm guessing the Ferrari will be the only one of the Hypercar offered after this year, SGR is offered and one sold as well but another year running seems unlikely. Peugeot makes the right noises but would any one really want one? Ferrari can sell each car at the end of the year, build new and repeat for at least 10 cars. Someone will buy it to polish and keep it in the collection, especially a winner. Wouldn't be surprised if they get one privateer/semi-works car going, especially if IMSA accepts it.

Caddy I fully expect to sell at least one if not more as they have with the DPi, and buyers know they're getting a set-up product. Porsche, well they build cars people want and will collect. Beyond that, maybe Lamborghini for a couple cars but maybe after they run and get a new chassis for the next season.