View Single Post
Old 15 May 2023, 15:19 (Ref:4156271)   #289
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
Bear in mind that Indycar is a spec series.
True, but that does not inherently speak as to "why". The question really is... what in the Indycar design creates that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
where as F1 cars are intended to run in clean air?
Are they? I expect those that perform well have a mixture of operating scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
Indeed and Formula One-cars are designed for performance only.
Are they? I argue they are demonstrably not. They are designed within a tight set of technical regulations and broadly speaking have a specific performance target set by those regulations. There are reports of teams building more modular components (I believe aero components) so that they can get more reuse of existing items within the cost caps. So cost is a driver (and not a new one) as well.

They are designed to be a quick as possible within the sandbox defined by the regulator. They could easily be much faster than they are today for less money.

Richard