View Single Post
Old 16 May 2023, 15:40 (Ref:4156427)   #292
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
You lost me somewhere in this (regarding the "if this wasn't true" part).
poorly made point on my part there.

was meant more as a question...if it is not true that all the teams are primarily trying to design front running cars, then why is FOM/regulators mainly introducing rules aimed at design solutions which work better for cars driving within a crowd?

the assumption i am making here is that the rules are aimed at curtailing the teams' propensity to design cars that really only work while in clean air.

but of course, that is not the only conclusion one could draw from this....as you do point out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Who knows who is right in this argument/discussion. My perspective is that they solutions have become so optimized and with aero solutions that have relatively small operating windows that they have been forced to inject some level of unpredictability to disrupt the order. That is a combination of things such as lack of longevity in some tire compounds, forced to run two compounds during a race and lastly DRS.
so yes indeed, another valid conclusion one could draw is that FOM are really just making changes to introduce unpredictability rather than trying to correct a design trend chosen by the teams.

as a side point, as we move along in this DRS discussion we probably should be getting back to older talking points about the need for better compounds that can withstand the effects of following.