View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2023, 10:29 (Ref:4161197)   #112
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
They didn't sell a car until after 2 full seasons which is at least 9 months past this.

And then it wasn't any kind of independent team. It took another year for actual international teams to be able to buy one.

By which time the WTCR was already dead. I don't doubt these shenanigans were part of that.

Manufacturers like Hyundai, VAG & Honda comply absolutely with the spirit of the rules. Fixed cost car available to anybody, and no factory teams. Customer racing.

Lynk and Co never complied with the spirit and did their very best to not comply with the written rules either. And they are an outright factory team, but the paperwork says they are not.

It should have been a rule that no car could be eligible for WTCR championship points without being in National competition to establish BoP.

Let's see how long the World Tour lasts.
The manufacturer doesn’t seem to be particularly brilliant at supplying spare parts for its race cars… scratching the car from the weekend because bits apparently aren’t available, and there seems no way to pinch them off a Lynk&Co road car (cough)… it’s weird and disappointing for the series

At least the Cupra is showing some nice form.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods