Thread: IMSA Cadillac
View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2023, 01:40 (Ref:4163783)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Interesting to hear, unfortunately I don't have access to the linked background story about the Rolex so I'm missing most if not all of the relevant info.

So as a true keyboard warrior who doesn't need any research: if Caddy was anticipating potential issues with the fuel why weren't they able to overcome them? Or, were they but not to the full extent?
I would guess, it would take an entirely new engine to overcome them? and adding oil was their known antidote? But my question would be why didn't other teams suffer same fate? The article mentioned that Acura had similar issues at Daytona, which to me signifies some ancillary part, a seal, or something in the engine that is the culprit, but not all teams use the same?