Thread: 2023 Rallying
View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2023, 12:53 (Ref:4165279)   #85
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Portugal and Sardinia

Hello everyone,

It's been a while; work has been so busy in the last 2 months I only caught up with the events of Portugal and Sardinia recently. It's quite easy to avoid results these days as coverage isn't what it used to be but that's another story.

A couple of points and questions (yes, I know I could just as easily find answers elsewhere online but I prefer the civilised engagement on this forum)...

Just what happened to Elfyn in Portugal? I'm still in the dark about his crash because the highlights program didn't feel the need to tell me in any detail what happened. Go figure.

Still on Portugal...did the younger Solberg really get penalised for some doughnuts on a stage so that he lost the WRC2 win? Draconian in the extreme if true.

Onto Sardinia...who knew water splashes could still destroy rallies? It's funny how lessons learned by one generation fades from the collective me and have to be re-learned by the next. I remember cars having such problems in Argentina and the likes back in the mid-2000s!

When Ogier was explaining his off in the highlights show I was watching, I was thinking 'man, he's got the excuses book out now' as the explanation seemed rather longwinded until the footage from the footwell was shown! He was absolutely right. What a way to lose a rally.

General rambling now...Poor old Loubet, what rotten luck so far. The poor fella's luck must change sometime surely? The unreliability of the Fords continues to baffle me. I mean this is MSport, what's going on with the car prep? Tanak always seems to have a niggling issue of some sort or another.

Maybe it's just me but Tanak seems to taking all the car problems and frustrations in his stride -publicly anyway. There's something different about him, can't quite put my finger on it but he seems quite humorous in his stage-end interviews. Maybe it's unintentional.

Finally, it seems a few of the drivers (notably Tanak and Lappi) are now channelling Craig Breen in the own ways during their stage interviews. There seems to be more humour; Lappi was good value in that respect in Sardinia even when his car was hopping like crazy over the stage bumps (reminded me of using default setups on gravel in RBR!)

The end.