View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2023, 08:18 (Ref:4165917)   #781
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Firstly, I think that the Autosport/Motorsport report was possibly more accurate than the Pitpass one in that there was more editorial comment that we don't know if they were attributable to Hamilton. And it didn't come across as sour grapes in either article, although I am sure that some will consider it to be, even though he did acknowledge his and Mercedes dominance over many years.

But one point not made in either of those two articles is that the Mercedes domination era was one were a teams budget was only restricted to the amount of funds that could either be raised through sponsorship, or the teams' owners' willingness to fund, etc. it as opposed to currently teams being mandated to a limited budget that is the same for all teams.

And I certainly understand the point he made about a dominant team being in a position to switch attention and budget to the next year's car far earlier. And the same point was made in both articles about teams that are struggling also switching their resources to the next year's cars early. However, that doesn't always provide the answer and we have seen that even the next car wasn't a panacea.