View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2023, 12:25 (Ref:4166670)   #300
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Surprisingly enough, I agree.
I was so annoyed, I paused the recording to write that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Good battle? Weren’t they on different tires? Didn’t Sainz also have a late pit stop during the SC dropping him back, also had to contend with team orders, and a penalty compromising his track position? Even if one puts aside that the RB was much faster than the Ferrari, I actually am curious why one would think DRS was to blame here?
I wasn't referring to how his overall race panned out, but that specific battle. The Red Bull is faster than the Ferrari in itself and I have no issue with that, but my point was that when Pérez sailed by, it was with DRS and was a far cry from the intrigue and exciting car positioning of the wheel-to-wheel battle. DRS effectively ended the battle it would seem, or at least certainly helped put an end to it, as Pérez had much less trouble getting by when he eventually did than in the preceding laps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
A problem is that you have absolutely no idea how things might now play out without DRS. It's an alternative universe, a total unknown.
I do agree it's an unknown, peebee, but I think it's time for everyone to get to know it, or at least do proper research into how the rest of the regulations would work without DRS. It strikes me that finally, after years of an extreme dirty air problem, the cars are tricky enough to pass to create good racing, but it's viable enough to not make it a foregone conclusion that the car in front will stay ahead. Now, it's often a foregone conclusion that the car behind will get by.