Thread: LM24 The LM24 Classic 2023
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2023, 06:30 (Ref:4166774)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Not unlike the Silverstone Classic by the sound of things.
I almost made that reference in my post. And, my attitude towards future potential attendance is the same too. I've done it, thoroughly enjoyed it, but won't be rushing back any time soon. It probably doesn't help that I was still on a massive high from the actual centenary race a couple of weeks previously. I spent much of my time at The Classic fondly reminiscing about that.

Anyway, if historics and car clubs are your bag, you'll be in heaven, but for me the appeal was limited, even if I was thoroughly enjoying myself. The Group C's and Endurance Racing Legends were magnificent (just read the entry lists), the sight of 70 almost hundred year old Bentley's was really 'something', but my lasting impression was that none of it really mattered.