View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2023, 19:13 (Ref:4167241)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Good and useful job again Adam, thanks. I cant remember if the rev limit is fixed by the regulation tho. From the on-board images I see Toyota hitting the 8K mark, Peugeot weel above in the region of 8,5k and Ferrari around 7,2k. Or may be what is shown on TV is not accurate? Would not be surprising…
All the engines have different maximum revs. Power is then set through each car’s rev range and pretty similar for all. Apart from small BoP differences. So the max power is set at a specific rev, but I don’t know if the ref limit is. However, I suspect that in top gear they aren't near it - the power drops off and, if I remember correctly, the gear ratios are set for the season. Although abviously at a place like Monza they will be the closest to the limit.

Edit. Ah, I see tomcug gave them in IMSA. I guess the Porsche and the Cadillac are the same, or very similar, in WEC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Also another info, IMSA is publishing Nmax in their BOP so we can see the rev limit:
https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...P-06292023.pdf
The ACO doesn't however, for whatever the reason.
Bit of a shame, it would be interesting, but it doesn’t really make much difference.

FWIW. Here are all the power curves (as of May 9th)
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...09#post4155309

Last edited by Adam43; 8 Jul 2023 at 19:21.