View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2023, 08:35 (Ref:4167867)   #124
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
I'd argue it's leveled the playing field but spit out my drink at "keep costs down"

That's the problem with Supercars (or at least those who run it) - even good ideas like control parts are a semi-failure.

Why has it ended up more expensive? Why does a racing series renowned for bumping have so much carbon fiber/composite?
They start out with a plan and just keep adding to it. These are the people not paying to run the cars. They should just decide on a budget and build the car around that. Must haves in, nice to haves out. The control parts just cuts out the arms race bit every year. But yes, they are too expensive. I agree about the carbon fiber comment, I said after the first round they are very soft. I don't like the chassis, it a compromise too. This design has similarities to the Sub that imploded going down to the Titanic. It is strong until one component fails in the structure. going to be interesting when one has a big off. Maybe more chassis replacement in the future, more cost.