View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4168097)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Why on earth would I want to watch a fictional Hollywood account of F1, using fictional Wannabee F1 cars, when I can watch the real thing either live a couple of dozen times a year to saturation or on demand 24/7 from the comfort of my lounge-room?

Asking for a friend.
I view that sort of like ask why would you watch Star Wars if you can just watch SpaceX launches on YouTube on a nearly weekly basis.

I am not saying this new movie is going to be Star Wars level of cultural impact, but if you look at the few good racing movies, how much "on track" action is there? For sure there is always going to be some set piece racing scenes (such as the extended Monaco and Monza scenes in "Grand Prix"), but overall it is going to be a story set within the F1 universe.

But this is going to be how many F1 fans will look at it. Lets say the movie is considered to be "good" by the average viewer. They may call out things like "I really enjoyed the story of how the experience driver helped the new driver" while F1 fans will say "Did you see the driver close ups in the car? No tear offs on his helmet! Complete garbage of a movie!! Unwatchable!!!"

Richard