View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2023, 17:54 (Ref:4168420)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Two thoughts...

1. I doesn't have to be accurate. It just has to be good enough. It's not like anyone is going to be doing spectral analysis.

2. I expect those who are responsible, if they care to make it sound right, they will be able to do so. For the sound design staff, that is all they do. Mixing dialog, ambient sounds, ADR, etc.

Richard
fair to be sure but it is still a difficult thing to do properly and people do notice. an accurate representation within a 3d soundscape/dolby atmos equipped theater will most likely be something 'us' type of fans will be keeping a ear open for no? it adds to the level of immersion and thus adds to believability.

maybe not the most important thing to focus on, but right up there imo.

Ron Howard on Rush:

Even the sound design in Rush syncs with the cars on screen. Ron Howard said, “…everybody who loves F1 talks about the sound. If you go to a race, you hear the cars before you [saw] them, and you’ve already had an experience before you laid your eyes on the cars. And it was vital to get it right. People can tell the difference between the various engines.” When you see Lauda’s Ferrari in the film, you hear Lauda’s Ferrari. The sound recordist picked up the audio of all the cars.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/archiv...t-of-1970s-f1/