View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2023, 06:05 (Ref:4169499)   #28
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Well that potentially livens up what has been a string of processional races for the win. Any other track we would probably expect Verstappen to breeze past and cruise off into the distance, but even with DRS, perhaps we will have a race here. Even so, I think that Hamilton will have his work cut out.
Well, that's given us all an added edge for the race is he can hold Verstappen at bay into Turn 1. It was a popular result at the circuit and the 'Orange Army' was very muted.

It's probably going to come down to whether Hamilton can keep him out of DRS range. If he can, that opens up the strategy book for Mercedes. If he can't, that Red Bull could just sail by.

Incidentally, we watched qualifying from the Turns 6 and 7 chicane. We entered that area before the F2 and I think it might have been for different ticket holders. No one was checking, but later when I went to grab a beer, the queue was really long, so I decided to venture further afield to find another stand and I realised I was in a non-general admission area. So I stayed and enjoyed the qually from there.