View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2023, 22:53 (Ref:4171104)   #19
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just another question about this idea but surely, although these wheel arches may (and I do mean may) cut down on the spray, but they will also prevent the standing water from being dispersed, so will also prevent the formation of a dry line surely?
(What I'm trying to say here is that it would severely slow down any drying of the track) Sorry I blame having just got back from holiday and having too many wines tonight!
Taking you thought a stage further, all F1 needs to do is mandate the installation of a quick drying track surface, starting with the most "at risk" (of rain) tracks.

So Spa, obviously, and then pick another half a dozen from the rest of the runners.

I would think some sort of under-track vacuum and heating system would do it. Maybe subcontract the design to one of the teams to make sure it is done the right way and controlled by the right people.

After all, we would not want a heated track to be used dubiously for tyre warming purposes, nor a vacuum system that might supplement the effects of aero, would we?

Plan "C" would be to revert to running races badly affected by rain as a SIM event. Let all the damp and disappointed spectators join in to see if they can beat the regular drivers. That should keep them happy.