Thread: IMSA IMSA 2024
View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4173188)   #132
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
It just annoys me that the only people selling customer cars are Porsche. I thought the whole point of the rule set was that you could have factory teams and private teams battling each other. Other than that i still think there is plenty to be excited about. Im worried about costs though, it cant be cheap.
That was one of the goals of LMDh, but the biggest priority was keeping the costs down for the manufacturers by avoiding an escalating arms race , hence the BoP-based regulations. IMSA shouldn't need privateers for a healthy top class, I think that's asking too much.

With one notable exception, every "super team" that realistically could afford an LMDh entry has one, or will do so when the car is ready. Hopefully more come along, but if the factories keep coming or even maintain their current level of participation, that's more than enough.