View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2023, 14:52 (Ref:4176856)   #4649
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...uple-of-years/

Quote:
Speaking with Sportscar365, James wouldn’t deny the team’s desire to eventually race in the top class but stressed that its focus remains in GT racing for the time being.
James said that the team intends to continue with a similar program in 2024, with the goal of again having Aston Martin Vantage GT3s in both the GTD Pro and GTD classes of the WeatherTech Championship next year, alongside a single-car LMGT3 entry in the WEC.
While the team owns an Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro, James said the suggestion of converting the track day car into a LMH machine would be wide of the mark, suggesting that a bespoke car would need to be built from the ground-up with full factory involvement.

“I don’t think a privateer team could do it,” he said. “I think it has to be a factory thing. It’s an intricate process. An AMR Pro is definitely not a LMH car.

“It’s lighter, it’s more downforce. If they would race a derivative of that car, I would have thought it would have had to be more of a bespoke piece.

“It’s not as simple of a process of changing the wings on it and run it.”

Last edited by hondafan37; 16 Sep 2023 at 15:00.