View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2023, 08:33 (Ref:4177383)   #104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

I understand that some don't want to react strongly to what he said, as it was most likely that he was just being a pillock (what a hilariously apposite and joyfully light-hearted word that does sound!), whilst possibly being a bigot, but not meaning to be hateful to South Americans - benefit of the doubt. However, it's a good thing that there are people who are willing to challenge such words, even if said in a non-hateful spirit, because by challenging such behaviour, we open ourselves up to a shift in mindset and call out people for perpetuating negative and sometimes damaging assertions.
Don't get me wrong, I do agree, and it is thankful that we are now far far away from the world we used to see portrayed in the likes of 'Love Thy Neighbour' or 'Til Death Do Us Part' (apologies to non-Brits for the references) but I think these days there is a genuine 'fear' of saying the wrong thing or not even appreciating that what you are saying could be perceived as negative. As I said, we now analyse everything and we have journalists and 'influencers' who think it is now their job - even their right - to give us our opinions and cast those who dare to speak out against them into the abyss of shame and ridicule.....

(I think I've had too much caffeine this morning..... ).