View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4177390)   #106
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Don't get me wrong, I do agree, and it is thankful that we are now far far away from the world we used to see portrayed in the likes of 'Love Thy Neighbour' or 'Til Death Do Us Part' (apologies to non-Brits for the references) but I think these days there is a genuine 'fear' of saying the wrong thing or not even appreciating that what you are saying could be perceived as negative. As I said, we now analyse everything and we have journalists and 'influencers' who think it is now their job - even their right - to give us our opinions and cast those who dare to speak out against them into the abyss of shame and ridicule.....

(I think I've had too much caffeine this morning..... ).
Don't worry, Aysedasi - I understood where you were coming from. I think there's room for stances like your own and also the stance of challenging the opinions. But I'd rather there was less room for stuff like what Marko said. I've also had too much caffeine, what with it being an office day and having bottomless coffee available from a machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I can promise you that he is absolutely no idiot.
Alright, we'll go with 'pillock', then.