View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2023, 15:06 (Ref:4177444)   #21
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://t.co/LBk3Bj2qiU

More on the Thompson story, and it sounds like Huff is seriously considering a full return next year.

“It was great for Tony [Gilham, Hard boss] to get me in the car at Knockhill, but unfortunately the stars haven’t aligned for the rest of the season,” Huff told Autosport.
“I will be attending Silverstone on Saturday to speak to teams about potential opportunities for next year for sure.
“We’ve moved back to the UK [from Huff’s former residence in Dubai] and the BTCC is something I’d love to do.
“It’s on my doorstep, it’s where I grew up, and it’s where I’d love to finish my career off.”
"Unfortunately Tony hasn't got the money to pay me. I do like earning money. I will be at Silverstone to see if anyone will pay me next year. It would be useful to race where I am living to cut down on travel time and expenses. If anyone's got money, I'm available to take it."

Not that I begrudge a single element of that. He's a world champion and has more right than most to expect to earn a living from his racing.

Last edited by thetool; 19 Sep 2023 at 15:21.