View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2023, 15:35 (Ref:4177450)   #111
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Apart from that, yes. I was thinking more in terms of attitude to situations. I think Russell just made a mistake, really.
Agreed: Russell made a mistake. Everyone drives to their chosen level of risk: crash once in 1000 corners or crash once in 10000 corners or whatever they might choose. Unfortunately for George he was probably driving at a riskier level than normal and the "once" turned up at that moment.

Think back to that time a year or two ago when Verstappen crashed on the last corner of a hot qualifying lap. (Was it in China?) Some people said he was unlucky to crash on what was otherwise a brilliant lap. All through the lap I had been thinking this looks like "crash once in 10 corners" driving. There are more than 10 corners in the lap so I didn't think it was surprising when he stuffed it. Not just unlucky. Nor should he be criticised for crashing (IMHO). Perhaps he could be criticised for driving at the 1 in 10 pace, but he did give us entertainment.