View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2023, 21:49 (Ref:4179329)   #6
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Over the first hurdle with the final hurdle to come for entry acceptance. If that happens then all the real (& much bigger) hurdles present themselves - designing, building and racing a competitive F1 car.
Well getting a "competitive" car is a massive challenge (depending upon your definition of competitive... for a win or just not embarrassingly bad!)

I think the real next hurdle would be to just show up and be ready for testing/first race with a working car that passes inspection! No need to pull a USF1 faceplant! But if I think they make it to their first race, they should be somewhat golden in that they are a functioning team and in an elite group. Even if it doesn't work out, they can sell the team (entry) for lots of money!

Quote:
If Andretti does get in, will be interesting to see what approach it takes to personnel - poach from existing teams or develop its own (or a bit of both).
I expect both? Given gardening leave timelines they may be limited as to who they poach and how quickly they can actually contribute. Out of the box, they probably should start initially with something much like Haas in that they buy as much as they can vs. trying to build everything solo.

Quote:
Still plenty more to come and we may not see them in action until 2026 if it is all approved, so plenty of speculation time ahead!
For sure!

Richard