View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2023, 14:59 (Ref:4179462)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Gunther Steiner - 'You've got 10 very good teams or good teams, they're all stable. Why should we change something if it works like this? At the moment, we are in a good place. [...] The dilution fund was set a few years ago, when the value of Formula 1 was different. I think one of the things will be, should we readjust it to current market rate, which is a lot more than that one?'
so essentially the new team needs to come in for 2025 and/or before the new concord agreement comes into effect and massively increases the buy-in/franchise/anti-dilution fee?

i have to wonder whether or not the issue is really about a new team or if its about delaying the new team into 2026 or later with the aim of securing a much larger future buy in amount?

these rumours of Renault pulling their engine deal could speak to tactics of delay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Zak Brown responds - 'I’ve found some Formula 1 teams are very short-sighted in their view on not taking a longer-range view of what are things that can grow the sport, and they kind of think about the here and now,” he said earlier this year. Unfortunately, I’m not surprised some of our competitors are quite short-sighted in their thinking.'
as a fan, i am always skeptical when they talk about 'growing the sport'!

cynical on my part, but thats usually code for 'my subscription fee is about to go up because look how they've grown the sport!'