View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2023, 20:42 (Ref:4179668)   #4671
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
I do not know how to feel about this one

On the one hand is great to see AM back and more manufacturers for Imsa and WEC

However bringing an already existing car (designed to old regulations) and amending it to current usage seems like will require a lot of BOP help - and they are already alluding to this in the press release - I hope it does not become a back of the grid car and then always complain about BOP . Furthermore HOR , I like them and they have done brilliantly in GTD - but are they at a level to challenge the top teams that are running in IMSA and WEC?

This feels more like a customer programme - somoen paid the bill and Aston are happy to provide a car - similar to the Aston Lola and the 2011 abomination.

Hope I am proven wrong they are serious contenders - so feeling excited about them joining
Exactly what crack squad are we to be concerned about in IMSA/WEC?

Penske-has looked like keystone kops often and chasing the car around all season
WTR-roll the dice and often get it way way off with strategy and be close but miss at the end
MSR-gone but thy often seemed to think fuel wasn't really important and missed out on good finish with a splash and well computers/tires
AXR-can make things work but the drivers may be a bot hot
CGR-seem to often end up somehow a lap down every event and off strategy
RLL-have their moments but at least more consistent than Indy program
Ferrari-somehow F1 Ferrari seems to be contagious but moments of skill
Toyota-generally fairly safe so peak team maybe?
Vanwall-well engine often let's them down before the they
Peugeot-well they forgot the wing so....

IF-well let's see

Heart of Racing has at least seemed like they can figure out a car in 2 classes with different rules for time in car and 4 series with different car regs. Not sure they are miles behind any of the other teams