View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2023, 19:04 (Ref:4181026)   #4
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
put in some way of slowing the cars down if they venture off track - such as slippery Astroturf or raised kurbs.
I think this should always be the first choice option. Make it so the drivers don't want to go off track. My preference would be gravel or grass on the outside of every corner, and in tracks where that is impossible due to motorbikes, preferably something temporary to slow them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
relax the rules and let ALL the drivers find the fastest way around the track
But if that is impossible due to safety reasons, then this is definitely the best option, in my opinion. But to be honest, I don't really mind the plethora of penalties for track limits, for me it doesn't make the sport look silly, it makes the drivers look silly and wouldn't last forever.

The penalty system that most annoys me at the moment is the five second penalties for causing a collision that totally destroys another driver's race at no cost to your own, like Hamilton on Piastri in Monza, Perez on Albon in Singapore. In Suzuka, Lando Norris' best chance of winning would be to accidentally punt Verstappen out of the race at Spoon curve in such a way that doesn't damage his own car, as all he would have got would be a five-second penalty and his margin over Oscar Piastri was much greater than that. Which is a complete joke.