Thread: Official United States Grand Prix
View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2023, 00:07 (Ref:4182355)   #15
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It certainly was. I did enjoy the sprint race at Quatar but then that had plenty of incident and that's the problem with these sprint races. Unless they are full of thrills and spills and incident filled, they are going to be boring because none of the drivers want their cars to end up like Perez' car did at Quatar. At least with the old format, the race set the grid for the GP race and drivers pushed a little harder. Personally, I would like to see the end of sprint racing.
I also enjoyed the sprint at Qatar but this was like watching paint dry on a cold overcast day....
Epstein, the COTA president or whatever, said there was no increase in ticket sales with a sprint (so really no commercial reason) so no real reason to justify them.
Epstein is happy to let the FIA share them around so not really interested in having a sprint on a regular basis.

Some of them have been interesting but the attitude towards Oscars win at Qatar was nice, but not a real win in GP terms, and that is what mattered.
So therefore, no real reason to justify them and certainly not to make them compulsory.

That could be reason to NOT watch F1....