View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2023, 10:23 (Ref:4184532)   #103
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... is it an immutable fact that Andretti Autosport won its last Indycar championship in 2012 with Ryan Hunter-Reay? 2012!!

In a spec car and engine on a control tyre, suitably tuned tweaked and twiddled by the team of course.

But the components rock up out of a Dallara or a Honda box and no development or building of same is required.

And these are the very same people who think they can build a race car in the USA (wonder who designed and manufactured the scale model they apparently have in the wind tunnel..) with all the bells and whistles of technology that the IndyCar team does not need nor have.

Its interesting that Mr Andretti reckons the teams think of his bid as coming from some "hillbillies" as in motor racing terms, you could perhaps form an argument to suggest something as disparaging...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods