View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2023, 10:43 (Ref:4185325)   #153
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The article in Motorsport.com, which I think to be identical to the Autosport one, also states that the FIA has set up a dedicated unit in Geneva just to monitor live track limit infringements, which in theory speeds up the process.

I have to ask, a) why in Geneva and b) surely that slows a process that could, in reality, happen at individual circuits where F1 is actually racing? I don't understand why the FIA needs the expense of property in Geneva when it's based in Paris - isn't it? - and I would think that having to transmit all the necessary pictures, etc from, just as an example Australia, to Europe to be analysed in Geneva and then their observations sent back to Melbourne all takes more time and cost than just doing the same trackside.
Mike, I suppose some of the reasoning could be so that they can employ the same people to do this for every race without having the costs of sending them to (and accommodating them at) every Grand Prix, and also having them at a remote location, they are without the distractions of a race meeting?