View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4185355)   #599
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There were times this year when I was wondering why we are being so restrictive on tire allotments. I know the series wants a lower environmental impact and all that, but is this just a way to make it harder for the teams and drivers? And does that in-turn lessen the on track product?
Generally I like it. It feels more endurance racing.

Obviously in extreme conditions the restrictions can backfire, and equally just allowing infinite tyres can make it too easy.

But on balance I like it. Being able to double or triple stint tyres well should be a potential strategy. Or choosing to change only two or three.

I’d potentially tweak the rules so that changing tyres took even longer.

Would need to crunch some numbers to see whether this is reasonable, but I’d look at it.