View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2023, 21:26 (Ref:4186293)   #71
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yes it has, and that's why it shouldn't happen again. Shouldn't we learn from our mistakes, rather than make them again on the basis that "it happened before so it's OK"?
This goes back to my earlier comments about... what is the criteria that is used to address in-street access ports (manholes, etc.) are safe and will not be an issue for the duration of the event. And what testing procedures (if any) are in place to ensure what they do actually works? I have zero idea what they do, but I am really curious. FIA/FOM needs to do a root cause analysis on this and enact some changes. As I mention in a post above, I suspect part of that port was sitting proud of the track surface. Just enough that something like a skid block might catch it and pop it out of the concrete it was set into. If there were a test that verified that each port was below track surface (and maybe there is) then maybe this could have been avoided.

Another thing, I read a post on Reddit about a guy who lives in Las Vegas and is a diehard F1 fan. He could afford to buy Thursday tickets, but not for Friday/Saturday due to high prices. I feel bad for that guy, but it also brings out a point that is you charge super premium amounts, that you as the promotor must really deliver!

Richard