View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2023, 20:38 (Ref:4186687)   #102
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After being irresponsible and missing out on tickets to the centenary this year, I decided to sign up for ACO membership to try and get a better shot at tickets for 2024. Which seemed a good idea, unfortunately though the date of ticket sales opening coincided with a longtime coming overseas trip!

Smash cut to Nov 7th standing around a busy street in Kyoto at 7pm local time trying to get into the ACO ticket sales page line on a rental wifi router, which took around 2 hours, and an orphaned seat in T17/18 that was snapped up before I could complete checkout.

In the end, I ended up with 1 week general admission ticket and 1 grandstand seat in T16. Not too bad, I suppose. Happy to be back for my second ever Le Mans in person, even if this one will be another solo outing, and thinking after the sellouts of this year and next that the next time will probably be when the manufacturers have left and attendance returns to being rather more casual...

I do have a question though - after hearing Aysedasi espouse the benefits of the ACO grandstand (toilets/showers/etc.), if one does not have seat tickets in the ACO stands, would you still be able to access the George Durand area for ACO members in T17 by purchasing the club pass?