View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2023, 14:16 (Ref:4188447)   #638
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I rarely watch F1 these days and when I do I've switched off long before the podium but do they still allow spectators onto the track to watch the podium presentation? If so then any track activity after the GP is out of the question.

From the MN story it sounds like TOCA were looking for a Sat and/or Sun race but F2/F3/SuperCup already have that filled. It's Fri or nothing.

Agree with you though, I don't see it happening, and with zero TV coverage I don't see the point either.
Spectators are allowed onto the track post-GP - so no races at this point are possible. The other issue is that, based on recent, years the GP has a fairly busy timetable on the Friday, so I would imagine that any BTCC race would take place quite late in the evening (recent years have seen the Porsche Supercup qualifying end at about 18.30 - with VIP laps, etc following thereafter).

I can't imagine that the permanent support races would move their sessions to facilitate a BTCC race. So, like others, aside from the potential kudos of being able to tell people it is on the F1 bill; I don't see the benefits of a BTCC race at the GP.