Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2023, 14:33 (Ref:4188559)   #4239
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some interesting new rule changes. The headline calls out the first item, but there are some interesting ones...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ting/10555905/

* Stop tunnel and CFD testing that is geared toward the 2026 spec. The article doesn't say this, but I wonder if that design and testing might have been outside of the existing budget and CFD regulations as it is development toward a spec that is not current?

* Dropping the alternative tire selection system. If I remember correctly this was somewhat about reducing the number of tires to be used during a weekend?

* Increase in the days of tire testing

* Trimming some timing of race procedures (clearing grid before standing start and pit lane open) to speed things up

* And this...

Quote:
In a subtle change to post-qualifying/shootout scrutineering, the FIA will now select “specific” cars for further checks rather that “at least three”, which was previously the case.
My first reading was that this was to address the issue that came up from who was examined for plank wear at the USGP this year. In that is provided more flexibility to examine cars post race. But that is not the case. So I really don't understand what problem this change is meant to solve.

Richard