Old 7 Dec 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4188580)   #6447
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
... If NASCAR persists in keeping their race on Friday, that might help too, because they'll be cleared out and gone by Saturday morning...
The 2024 Nascar Canada Series schedule does not include Exhibition Place in Toronto, and has them in Saskatchewan on that weekend.

The most recent article I could find regarding the proposed new hotel/entertainment venue at Exhibition Place has its proponents still claiming that they somehow intend to eventually build it, despite apparently not having the money to do so.

IndyCar's contract with the city of Toronto was strangely renewed for only one more year (2024) instead of the usual three years.

Every time I see something about the Downsview Airport lands, it makes me think of how that might have been a good place for a temporary or semi-permanent race track. Even now, it seems that a large part of the airfield will not be developed for maybe another 30 years, with much of it hoped to be used "for concerts, large events, and major festivals". I'd assume there would be more than enough room for a temporary track to be used one weekend a year in the summer, though of course it would have to involve the property owner willing to allow it, and someone paying to pave a track layout and build whatever other facilities would be required. Mosport/CTMP apparently no longer had a long enough pit lane for their IMSA event to include the headlining GTP class, so maybe they could also be interested in joining such a proposal? (This is all hypothetical, with absolutely nothing suggesting it was actually being considered.)

Last edited by HighParker; 7 Dec 2023 at 19:21.