View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4188593)   #375
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I was digging around to understand the topic of "Formula 1" ownership. And given that FOM/Liberty is aways said to own the "commercial rights". So that means they own less than ALL of "Formula 1". So the question is.. if you draw a circle around what is considered to be ALL of "Formula 1", what exists within that circle and who owns what?

I found this article which makes sense to me...

https://www.planetf1.com/news/who-owns-f1-liberty-media

Key quotes from that article. Making some text bold is me, not the article so as to highlight key points...

My take on this is that... FIA owns the series. The commercialization of the name is probably licensed to FOM/Liberty. But FOM/Liberty probably can't just yank the governance away from FIA and still call it all "Formula 1". FIA and FOM are in bed with each other when it comes to F1.

Richard

They've been in bed together, ever since Max Mosely and Bernie ran the show.