Thread: WEC WEC 2024
View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2023, 22:06 (Ref:4189051)   #297
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Somehow I wonder what is different with the tires in IMSA vs WEC that suddenly makes them fiery death traps that should be abandoned at all cost. Are IMSA drivers that much better? And don't start the burnout in pit lane argument cause it's just flat bs on its face. First, that's GT and LMP2 now mostly as the GTPs launch on electric and don't spin them nearly enough to do anything.
Ok, temps. Well let's see Daytona is ALWAYS at or near 0 for hours on end and they go from the pits to the banking on a far shorter lap than Spa or LM so they must have figured out a way to not go spinning in to or out of the bus stop. Oh and Petit the last few including the one below 0 seemed to have no issues with lockup at 3 or out of the Esses. Yes, most of the season is warm but there are cold sessions so there is data.

Only conclusion I can come to is the basic misunderstanding of the FEW drivers who wreck vs the VAST majority of the Ams who somehow don't. Cold tires need to warm up and IT IS LITERALLY YOUR JOB TO DO THAT RIGHT, and every team needs to yell that in their drivers' ears and if they don't listen, well are they that good? Cause I believe the old adage is to finish first, first you must finish. But these are often the same idiots that wreck on lap 1 of LM trying to make 1 pass so maybe we shouldn't be surprised
They ran different compound tires in the wec than imsa. I'm sure its covered in these forums. And I think even a driver who participated in both series chimed in too.