View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2023, 07:30 (Ref:4189205)   #104
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It's now going to be named as Stake F1 Team Kick Sauber, Stake being a betting company and Kick being an online streaming enterprise.

Out of interest, does the fact that Stake is an online business have any ramifications in the States as I believe that online betting was not legal in the USA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post

Probably not? I think the legality is defined state by state and even then I can't imagine there are any laws that would prohibit the advertisement?

Richard

Out of interest last year Stake was a naming sponsor for 'Alfa Romeo F1'.
In the US based races run at Miami and Vegas they were entered as Alfa Romeo F1 Team Stake. I imagine the State (gambling) laws in Nevada and Florida to be more tolerant than Texas.... at COTA they were entered as Alfa Romeo F1 Team Kick, ie the more online gambling focus Stake was swapped for the more streaming orientated Kick.

Incidentally it might be a problem faced in other markets globally.... Alfa Romeo F1 entered Belgium and Qatar as Kick also, with Stake being used as the entrant for the rest of the season.