View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2024, 16:54 (Ref:4190692)   #126
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Well, it seems that Sauber is now owned by a 28 year old Billionaire, not only the force behind online gambling Stake, as well as streaming service Kick.com, but also is big in Cryptocurrency. Looks the part, in this new economy that's been around this last decade+.

Friends with Drake and UFC fighter Israel Adesanya, and has a stake(so to speak) in Everton FC.

Just the kind of person for this modern F1, and wouldn't be surprised if there are more like him on the horizon.
I am curious where you heard this? An article from the F1 news/rumor site TheJudge13 posted an article that popped up for me in the past day or two. I took a quick look and realized it is poorly written clickbait. The title of the article is "MEET THE 28-YEAR-OLD CRYPTO-BILLIONAIRE ‘F1 TEAM OWNER’"

It is about as misleading as you can get. As mentioned above, this should only be a branding exercise for 2024 and 2025. Maybe he did purchase a minority share in Sauber. My understanding is that Audi currently has a minority share, but is scheduled for additional purchase shares to move them to majority shareholder before the 2026 season.

As to TheJudge13, I used to look at that site years ago, but I think today it is a total mess. That article is an example. And the site is flooded with advertisements. Its all about making money. I am surprise we haven't seen a "Michael Schumacher is batboy" article on the site.

As to Stake/Kick, I personally don't have a good opinion. It is my understanding that Kick (streaming service) promotes Stake (online crypto gambling). Given the Kick audience is generally young, I think the ethics of this is on the sleezy side IMHO. Frankly I am just waiting for it to all blow up in another "crypto bro" disaster.

Richard