View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2024, 15:49 (Ref:4191026)   #484
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Back to RBR - Pierre Wache has raised concerns that the 2026 engines will be underpowered, and that the emphasis should be on drag reduction.

Is this a genuine comment - or are RBR trying to impose a greater 'freeze' on PU development and give themselves an edge in the aero for 2026? I suspect the latter.
The power issue for the 2026 engines and that reduced drag is what will address that is a known issue and is driving the regulations for the cars. But I can imagine RBPT might be nervous with respect to how their engine fits within the pecking order of the other power unit manufactures. And that a focus on more aero allowances fit within their strengths (Newey).

Richard