View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2024, 10:39 (Ref:4193399)   #108
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Near zero? Making them 1000hp Formula Fords? I don't there is an appetite for that, 1.5G instead of 5G cornering and +20s/lap is a big step change and "looks" quite slow.

Simulation of Formula One car with no downforce by Willem Toet, Sauber aerodynamicist:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/formu...s-willem-toet/
Formula Ford racing is far more entertaining than F1. 1000hp Formula Fords would be even better! But realistically teams would not bother with that much power and would concentrate on drivability and economy (to save fuel weight).

Everyone would soon become accustomed to slower racing. The biggest obstacle would be introducing the same sort of restrictions to all other categories, otherwise F2, Indycar and other classes would be faster and F1 would cease to be "the pinnacle".

But like I said before, it's just a pipe dream of mine because I know it will never happen.